how you CANHELP
Latham Centers’ Development team establishes meaningful ties among our individuals, parents and friends. These critical partnerships create successes for the students and residents who call Latham home. Unlocking the potential of every child and adult resident requires the support of the entire Latham community through your participation, gifts of time, and financial contributions.
Pages in this section:
- Donate Now
- Capital Campaign
- Planned Gifts & Bequests
- Pet Therapy Charitable Gift Annuity
- Partner Giving Programs
There are many ways to support Latham Centers, including:
- Annual Fund gifts provide support for current operations and other special initiatives. Annual fund gifts can be made online by clicking here.
- Restricted gifts are designated by the donor for current use by a department, program, or specific fund.
- Memorial and Honorary gifts may be directed to a program or project or used for current annual support.
- Major and Capital gifts are used for specific, predetermined priorities of Latham Centers and provide the donor with an opportunity to link a family or company name permanently with the work of Latham Centers.
- Endowed gifts can be funded by a variety of giving methods. Support can be directed to a current or newly-endowed fund in which the principal is invested in perpetuity and the earned interest is used as the donor intends. Endowed gifts may be restricted or unrestricted. A gift of $10,000 or higher is necessary to establish a new, named endowed fund. Income from unrestricted endowed gifts provides flexible, annual support. Latham Centers is responsible for the establishment, oversight, fiscal management, and stewardship of all endowed accounts. Donors receive annual reports on how their specific fund supported the initiatives they designated.
- Give your time and volunteer. There are many volunteer opportunities at Latham—from office help to special events and projects, and more. Please contact Carol Sullivan at 508-896-5776, ext. 213 or e-mail email@example.com so we can best match your interests and skill sets with our needs.
Pages in this section:
Every dollar raised through donations will help to provide funds for Latham athletic programs, Special Olympics training and the gymnasium and fitness equipment for the new Latham Community Center. The positive benefits for our individuals benefiting from golf proceeds are tremendous – improved physical and mental health, weight loss, increased coordination, greater confidence, and self-esteem, and improved social skills.
Founded in 1970, Latham Centers is a progressive and innovative provider of services for children and adults with developmental, behavioral and emotional/physical challenges. We are a private non-profit agency, operating a residential school for children in Brewster and some 12 residences for adults across Cape Cod and southeastern Massachusetts.
Imagine a childhood filled with abuse, anxiety, bullying, trauma, or illness, and the perception or reality that your needs are not being met, and/or your feelings are not understood by those around you. Imagine those years filled with fear or change that triggers a loss of emotional control ranging from tears and tantrums to physical illness and aggression. Latham children have experienced these troubling things and more. We take on some of the most difficult cases in the region and succeed when others have failed.
Now imagine never feeling satiated. That is what children and adults with Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) experience every day. Latham has provided cutting-edge, life-changing treatment since 1980 for individuals with PWS. Individuals with PWS have an insatiable appetite, due to the 15th chromosome abnormality, and constantly seek food sources. Other serious symptoms include mild to moderate developmental disabilities, emotional and behavioral problems, obsessive compulsive behaviors and slow body metabolism, which can lead to obesity and related health problems. The syndrome impacts all parts of individuals’ lives as the stress and strain upon their families’ lives only increases as the child ages. While there is no cure for PWS, our work can literally save and change the lives of individuals in our care. Please support Latham today.
Thank you in advance for helping us to provide critical programs and services to the individuals who call Latham home.