Three Ways You Can
Make a Difference
Latham Centers gives you three different ways to donate. The Live to Thrive Club Recurring Gift Program, One-Time Gifts, or Planned Giving. With donations of:
- $2000, we can purchase a new treadmill that enables our residents to maintain healthy weights and exercise year-round.
- $1000, we can purchase a new iPad and accompanying apps for personalized lesson plans.
- $600, we can purchase an acoustic guitar for music classes, teaching fine motor skills and accountability.
- $300, we can purchase approximately 150 lbs of fresh cut hay for the Therapeutic Donkey Training program.
- $120, we can purchase approximately 300 lbs for Stoneware Clay for our Vocational Pottery Program.
With your help we can continue to provide clinical, educational, residential, therapeutic and vocational programs that will enable and encourage our residents with complex special needs to LIVE TO THRIVE.
"I donate to Latham Centers because I have seen the transformations that take place there...I make a small, monthly donation to Latham, which adds up to a significant gift at the end of the year. By doing this, I know that my gift has impact."
-Jeni, Live to Thrive Member
Click on Jeni's photo to hear her explain why she gives monthly to Latham Centers.
We thank all of our current Live to Thrive Club Donors for supporting the residents of Latham Centers in a multitude of ways.
Live to Thrive Club Member Ranges -
Flourish Member: $600 and over
Blossom Member: $300-$599
Bloom Member: less than $299
Seasonal Members give quarterly.
- One-Time Gifts can be made any time of the year, and could be in response to our Holiday and Spring Appeal.
- Restricted gifts are designated by the donor for current use by a department, program, or special fund.
- Memorial and Honorary gifts may be directed to a program or project or used for current Annual support; they are welcomed and accepted in the same manner as all other gifts.
- Major and Capital gifts are used for specific, predetermined priorities of Latham Centers and provide the donor with an opportunity to link a family or company name permanently with the life and work of Latham Centers.
Planned Giving and Endowments
Planned Gifts and Endowments are essential in the success of our programs. They allow donors to plan ahead in order to continue funding the life-changing programs at Latham Centers. We look forward to communicating with you about varied options of giving – ranging from gifts of stock to charitable gift annuities. Please contact Katrina Fryklund, 774.353.9126 to learn more and finalize your Planned Giving.
Endowed gifts can be funded by a variety of giving methods. Support can be directed to a current or newly-endowed fund in which the principal is invested in perpetuity and the earned interest is used as the donor intends. Endowed gifts may be restricted or unrestricted. A gift of $10,000 or higher is necessary to establish a new, named endowed fund. Income from unrestricted, endowed gifts provides flexible, annual support. Latham Centers is responsible for the establishment, oversight, fiscal management, and stewardship of all endowed accounts. Donors receive annual reports on how their specific fund supported the initiatives they designated.
Tax-deductible gifts can be pledged over multiple years in a variety of ways, including:
- A Gift of Cash
- A Gift of Securities
- A Gift of Stocks
- A Gift of a Life Insurance Policy
- A Gift of Real Estate
- A Gift in Trust
- A Gift Through Your Will
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact, Katrina Fryklund, Development Director, 774.353.9126 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations can be made online or mailed to Katrina Fryklund, 14 Lots Hollow Road, Orleans, MA 02653.