TIP of the WEEK: My PWS Resolutions
May 29, 2015
1. Spread awareness everywhere I go. Even when it is easier to stay quiet.
2. Teach. Everyday. Understand that problematic behaviors are a result of a lack of skill in that area, not a conscious decision to act out. Teach the skills and the behaviors will decrease.
3. Practice self care. The better I am to myself, the better I am for everyone else.
4. Laugh a lot. After almost 2 decades of working with people with PWS I can still see the humor in most of it. I don’t want that to change.
5. Keep learning. Every conference brings new information. Go to them. As many as you can! The rewards are invaluable.