8th Annual World Autism Awareness Day
April 2nd, 2015 marks the 8th annual World Autism Awareness Day. Around the area you may see blue lights representing many individuals and families who are diagnosed with and affected by this spectrum disorder. Latham Centers prides itself on helping children and young adults with Autism lead more meaningful lives through specialized education plans, strong clinical and nursing supports, vocational training, and community volunteerism and engagement.
Facts about Autism:
1. Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys
2. Autism prevalence figures are growing
3. Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disorder in the U.S.
4. Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
5. Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism
6. There is no medical detection or cure for Autism