Latham treats boys and girls, ages 8-22, with developmental delays, emotional and behavioral challenges, Prader-Willi Syndrome and/or trauma or attachment issues.
We focus on highly individualized treatment that supports both the student and the family.
For children with PWS and Intellectual Disabilities Latham School provides a safe, healing environment, a vibrant atmosphere, and a dedicated staff. The Children’s Program provides supervision, therapy, special education services, and vocational opportunities. We focus on highly individualized treatment that supports both the student and the family.
Students live on our Brewster campus or near campus. Residential staff provides 24-hour care and supervision in a therapeutic and structured environment. Students build confidence and have many opportunities for increased independence as they learn the skills that will help them live as active participants in their communities.
Our multidisciplinary professional team develops a comprehensive Individual Educational Program (IEP) for each student. These plans are based on a thorough review of the student’s medical, social, and family history, and on assessments of the student’s medical, psychological, educational, and vocational needs. Plans are updated quarterly based on the student’s progress and changing needs.
Educational & Vocational Programs
Our students learn in small classes, with one-on-one tutoring and counseling. Our program and facilities are geared towards helping students develop job skills, learn to work and live together, explore the world, and love all kinds of learning. Our vocational specialists act as job coaches as they help students learn job skills and find employment.
Medical & Social Services
Our extensive team includes doctors, nurses, clinical psychologists, social workers, physical therapists, special education teachers, and residential and vocational counselors. Our integrated services include individual and group counseling, family casework, art and recreation therapy.
Latham Centers’ Children’s Program offers educational, vocational, residential, social, clinical and therapeutic resources which include:
- Separate academic and residential faculty;
- Licensed teachers and speech, physical and occupational therapists;
- Master’s level clinicians serve as liaisons from home to school to residences;
- Low student-to-staff ratio;
- Multi-sensory learning environment with current technology utilized throughout the school and residential programs;
- Researched and validated instructional methods and therapeutic approaches;
- Real-life opportunities for generalization of skills both on and off campus;
- Social skills and pragmatics integrated within all aspects of the programs;
- Comprehensive health care services;
- Wide range of after-school and weekend activities;
- Sports and vocational opportunities;
- Safe, supportive, structured environment in which to learn and grow.
Latham Centers is approved by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and is licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care (DEEC). Our residential program provides therapeutic treatment services to approximately 45 students, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
We work with all families and funding sources to ensure smooth transitions. We encourage those interested in learning more to visit our campus and tour the school. For more information or to schedule a visit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 774.353.9237.
Admissions: To learn more about the Children’s Program and to read our Admissions Brochure, please click here.