how you CANHELP
The Development Office at Latham Centers mission is to establish and foster meaningful ties among our individuals, parents and friends by providing opportunities for involvement in the life of Latham School and our residential homes. We are fortunate to have an involved community, and we are indebted to our many donors who support Latham Centers each year. Unlocking the potential of every child and adult resident requires the support of the entire Latham community through your participation, gifts of time, and financial contributions.
There are a variety of flexible ways to support Latham Centers, including:
- Annual Fund gifts provide support for current operations and other special initiatives. Annual fund gifts can be made online any time of the year at www.lathamcenters.org/donate.
- Restricted gifts are designated by the donor for current use by a department, program, or special fund.
- Memorial and Honorary gifts may be directed to a program or project or used for current annual support; they are welcomed and accepted in the same manner as all other gifts.
- Major and Capital gifts are used for specific, predetermined priorities of Latham Centers and provide the donor with an opportunity to link a family or company name permanently with the life and work of Latham Centers.
- Endowed gifts can be funded by a variety of giving methods. Support can be directed to a current or newly-endowed fund in which the principal is invested in perpetuity and the earned interest is used as the donor intends. Endowed gifts may be restricted or unrestricted. A gift of $10,000 or higher is necessary to establish a new, named endowed fund. Income from unrestricted endowed gifts provides flexible, annual support. Latham Centers is responsible for the establishment, oversight, fiscal management, and stewardship of all endowed accounts. Donors receive annual reports on how their specific fund supported the initiatives they designated.
- Give your time and volunteer. There are many volunteer opportunities at Latham—from office help to special events and projects, and more. Please contact Carol Sullivan at 508-896-5776, ext. 213 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org so we can best match your interests and skill sets with our needs.